• Co-treatment with rivastigmine and idalopirdine reduces the propensity for falls in a rat model of falls in Parkinson’s disease. LID – 10.1007/s00213-018-5150-y [doi]. Koshy Cherian A et al. (2019). Psychopharmacol (Berl), [Epub ahead of print] Dose: Basal forebrain cholinergic neurons situated in the nucleus basalis and substantia innominata were targeted with 192-IgG-SAP in aCSF infused bilaterally (200 ng/μL; 0.8 μL/hemisphere.
• Basal forebrain chemogenetic inhibition disrupts the superior complex movement control of goal-tracking rats. Kucinski A et al. (2019). Behav Neurosci, 133 (1):121-134. 2019/01/29.
• Ablation of brainstem C1 neurons improves cardiac function in volume overload heart failure. Andrade DC et al. (2019). Clin Sci, [Epub ahead of print] CS20180589. Dose: (7.5ng/100nl of sterile saline solution) was injected bilaterally into the RVLM.
• Inflammatory macrophages in the sciatic nerves facilitate neuropathic pain associated with type 2 diabetes mellitus. Saika F et al. (2019). J Pharmacol Exper Ther 02 Jan 2019. Dose: Injections of Mac-1-SAP or unconjugated Saporin (10 μl) were administered 3 times every 2 days. Perineural administration of Mac-1-SAP improved high-fat diet (HFD)-induced mechanical allodynia.
• Non-Peptidergic Nociceptive Neurons Are Essential for Mechanical Inflammatory Hypersensitivity in Mice. Pinto LG et al. (2019). Mol Neurobiol, Epub 23 Jan Dose: IB4-SAP (0.16–3.2 μg/5 μl, i.t.), unconjugated Saporin (as control, 1.8 μg/5 μl, i.t.), or saline (vehicle, 5 μl/i.t.) were injected into the subarachnoid space on the midline between the L5 and L6 vertebrae.
• 0054 SUVN-G3031, a Histamine H3 Receptor Inverse Agonist Produces Wake Promoting Effect in Orexin-2-saporin Lesioned Rats. Benade V et al. (2019). Sleep, 42 (Supplement_1):A22-A23.
• Selective hematopoietic stem cell ablation using CD117-antibody-drug-conjugates enables safe and effective transplantation with immunity preservation. Czechowicz A et al. (2019). Nat Commun, 10 (1):617-617. Dose: The CD117-ADC was prepared by combining biotinylated anti-CD117 (clone 2B8) with Streptavidin–ZAP. A dose of 1.5 mg/kg of CD117-ADC (~12 µg Streptavidin-ZAP) optimally resulted in depletion of >99% of immunophenotypic and functional HSCs.
• Identification of lineage-specific markers for therapeutic targeting of mast cells. Plum T. (2019). (Ph.D.), Ruperto-Carola University of Heidelberg, Germany, Aachen, Germany. Dose: Mice were injected i.v. with either 100 µg of 1:1 molar mixture of biotinylated CD63 antibody and Streptavidin-ZAP (60 µg mAb + 40 µg SAP) or with 40 µg SAP alone. All injections were performed in 200 µl PBS.
•Glutamatergic Neurokinin 3 Receptor Neurons in the Median Preoptic Nucleus Modulate Heat-Defense Pathways in Female Mice. Krajewski-Hall SJ et al. (2019). Endocrinology, 160 (4):803-816.
• Spinal somatostatin-positive interneurons transmit chemical itch. Fatima M et al. (2019). PAIN, 160 (5) Dose: Npra receptor–expressing spinal cord interneurons were ablated through intrathecal injection of Nppb-SAP (5 μg/10 μL) or control Blank-SAP in lumbar segment 3 to 4. Behavioral analyses were performed 1 week after the toxin injection.
• Degeneration of ipRGCs in Mouse Models of Huntington's Disease Disrupts Non-Image-Forming Behaviors Before Motor Impairment. Lin M-S et al. (2019). J Neurosci, 39(8):1505. Dose: Immunostaining (1:3000)
• Integrin α10, a Novel Therapeutic Target in Glioblastoma, Regulates Cell Migration, Proliferation, and Survival. Munksgaard Thorén M et al. (2019). Cancers, 11 (4):587.