Below are links to view the quarterly newsletter Targeting Trends. You can also download the full PDF here. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please complete the information on our contact page.
The latest edition of Targeting Trends is now available online. The cover article, “Targeted depletion of hematopoietic stem cells promises safer transplantation” demonstrates the powerful capabilities of Streptavidin-ZAP for in vivo applications. We appreciate Dr. Palchaudhuri sharing a summary of his laboratory’s results published in Nature Biotechnology. The Targeting Talk section of the newsletter provides more information about the secondary conjugate system. The focus of Targeting Tools in this issue is on the Orexin family of products, targeting either OX1R or OX2R expressing cells. The Letter from the President explains the difference between ZAP products and SAP products. A summary of the recent publications using ATS products, a special picture of Kermit, and a summary of this month’s promotions are all included in this latest issue. Enjoy and pass it on.
By Rahul Palchaudhuri, Ph.D., Department of Stem Cell and Regenerative Biology, Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA
- Palchaudhuri R, Saez B, Hoggatt J, Schajnovitz A, Sykes DB, Tate TA, Czechowicz A, Kfoury Y, Ruchika F, Rossi DJ, Verdine GL, Mansour MK, Scadden DT. (2016) Non-genotoxic conditioning for hematopoietic stem cell transplantation using a hematopoietic-cell-specific internalizing immunotoxin. Nat Biotechnol 34(7):738-745. PMID: 27272386 (Cat. #IT-27)
- Arroyo DA, Kirkby LA, Feller MB. (2016) Retinal Waves Modulate an Intraretinal Circuit of Intrinsically Photosensitive Retinal Ganglion Cells. J Neurosci 36(26):6892-6905. PMID: 27358448 (Cat. #AB-N38)
- Araldi D, Ferrari LF, Levine JD. (2016) Gi-Protein Coupled 5-HT1B/D Receptor Agonist Sumatriptan Induces Type I Hyperalgesic Priming. Pain PMID: 27075428 (Cat. #IT-10, IT-11)
- Yao Y, Echeverry S, Shi XQ, Yang M, Yang QZ, Wang GY, Chambon J, Wu YC, Fu KY, De Koninck Y, Zhang J. (2016) Dynamics of spinal microglia repopulation following an acute depletion. Sci Rep 6:22839. PMID: 26961247 (Cat. #IT-06)
- Cetas JS, McFarlane R, Kronfeld K, Smitasin P, Liu JJ, Raskin JS. (2015) Brainstem opioidergic system is involved in early response to experimental SAH. Transl Stroke Res 6(2):140-147. PMID: 25417789 (Cat. #IT-12, IT-21)
- Mittelman-Smith MA, Krajewski-Hall SJ, McMullen NT, Rance NE. (2016) Ablation of KNDy neurons results in hypogonadotropic hypogonadism and amplifies the steroid-induced LH surge in female rats. Endocrinology 157(5):2015-2027. PMID: 26937713 (Cat. #IT-63, IT-21)
- Angioni L, Cocco C, Ferri GL, Argiolas A, Melis MR, Sanna F. (2016) Involvement of nigral oxytocin in locomotor activity: A behavioral, immunohistochemical and lesion study in male rats. Horm Behav 83:23-38. PMID: 27189764 (Cat. #IT-46, IT-21)
- Matsuura T, Kawasaki M, Hashimoto H, Yoshimura M, Motojima Y, Saito R, Ueno H, Maruyama T, Ishikura T, Sabanai K, Mori T, Ohnishi H, Onaka T, Sakai A, Ueta Y. (2016) Possible Involvement of the Rat Hypothalamo-Neurohypophysial/-Spinal Oxytocinergic Pathways in Acute Nociceptive Responses. J Neuroendocrinol 28(6) PMID: 27144381 (Cat. #IT-46, IT-21)
- Mohammed M, Kulasekara K, Ootsuka Y, Blessing WW. (2016) Locus coeruleus noradrenergic innervation of the amygdala facilitates alerting-induced constriction of the rat tail artery. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 310(11):R1109-19. PMID: 27101292 (Cat. #IT-03, IT-20)
- Gritsch S, Bali KK, Kuner R, Vardeh D. (2016) Functional characterization of a mouse model for central post-stroke pain. Molecular Pain 12:1744806916629049. PMID: (Cat. #IT-11, PR-01)
- Fei Y, Wang X, Chen S, Zhou Q, Zhang C, Li Y, Sun L, Zhang L. (2016) Role of the RVM in Descending Pain Regulation Originating from the Cerebrospinal Fluid-Contacting Nucleus. Neurochem Res 41(7):1651-1661. PMID: 26961890 (Cat. #IT-14)
- Matsuura T, Kawasaki M, Hashimoto H, Yoshimura M, Motojima Y, Saito R, Ueno H, Maruyama T, Sabanai K, Mori T, Ohnishi H, Sakai A, Ueta Y. (2016) Effects of central administration of oxytocin-saporin cytotoxin on chronic inflammation and feeding/drinking behaviors in adjuvant arthritic rats. Neurosci Lett 621:104-110. PMID: 27060190 (Cat. #IT-46, IT-21)
Daily Promotions on Targeting Tools: Check our website daily for specials from each of our Product Managers