Below are links to view the quarterly newsletter Targeting Trends. You can also download the full PDF here. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please complete the information on our contact page.
Drug-free selection of stable transfectants using rIB4-SAP is the cover article this quarter featuring rIB4-SAP and contributed by Drs. Sato and Watanabe. Make sure you check out our Beta Testing Program. It is a great price and and great opportunity for new products. ATS is also pleased to offer Custom Biotinylation Service — when the “one-step-kit” doesn’t quite meet your needs.
“Targeting Talk” answers questions about dissolving targeted toxins, Anti-DBH-SAP, and flow cytometry services. The latest articles using ATS products are highlighted in Recent Scientific References and the “Targeting Teaser” from last quarter has been corrected. Solve to win a jigsaw puzzle featuring your favorite knockout mouse.
by Masahiro Sato (Ph.D.) and Satoshi Watanabe (Ph.D.)
Related products: rIB4-SAP (Cat. #IT-10)
Targeting Teaser Correction – Last quarter’s puzzle was posted incorrectly. We are sorry for any inconvenience. It has been corrected and can be solved online. Win a jigsaw puzzle!
Recent Scientific References (read summaries)
- Kim T, Thankachan S, McKenna JT, McNally JM, Yang C, Choi JH, Chen L, Kocsis B, Deisseroth K, Strecker RE, Basheer R, Brown RE, McCarley RW. (2015) Cortically projecting basal forebrain parvalbumin neurons regulate cortical gamma band oscillations. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112(11):3535-3540. (Cat. #IT-16)
- Devesa I, Ferrandiz-Huertas C, Mathivanan S, Wolf C, Lujan R, Changeux JP, Ferrer-Montiel A. (2014) alphaCGRP is essential for algesic exocytotic mobilization of TRPV1 channels in peptidergic nociceptors. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 111(51):18345-18350. (Cat. #IT-10)
- Chua JX, Vankemmelbeke M, McIntosh RS, Clarke PA, Moss R, Parsons T, Spendlove I, Zaitoun AM, Madhusudan S, Durrant LG. (2015) Monoclonal Antibodies Targeting LecLex-Related Glycans with Potent Anti-Tumor Activity. Clin Cancer Res 21(13):2963-2974. (Cat. #IT-48)
- Bostad M, Olsen CE, Peng Q, Berg K, Hogset A, Selbo PK. (2015) Light-controlled endosomal escape of the novel CD133-targeting immunotoxin AC133-saporin by photochemical internalization – A minimally invasive cancer stem cell-targeting strategy. J Control Release 206:37-48. (Cat. #PR-01)
- Ha KD, Bidlingmaier SM, Zhang Y, Su Y, Liu B. (2014) High-content analysis of antibody phage-display library selection outputs identifies tumor selective macropinocytosis-dependent rapidly internalizing antibodies. Mol Cell Proteomics 13(12):3320-3331. (Cat. #IT-27)
- Mao CA, Li H, Zhang Z, Kiyama T, Panda S, Hattar S, Ribelayga CP, Mills SL, Wang SW. (2014) T-box transcription regulator Tbr2 is essential for the formation and maintenance of Opn4/melanopsin-expressing intrinsically photosensitive retinal ganglion cells. J Neurosci 34(39):13083-13095. (Cat. #AB-N39)
- Kiris E, Wang T, Yanpallewar S, Dorsey SG, Becker J, Bavari S, Palko ME, Coppola V, Tessarollo L. (2014) TrkA in vivo function is negatively regulated by ubiquitination. J Neurosci 34(11):4090-4098. (Cat. #AB-N03)
- El-Danaf RN, Huberman AD. (2015) Characteristic patterns of dendritic remodeling in early-stage glaucoma: evidence from genetically identified retinal ganglion cell types. J Neurosci 35(6):2329-2343. (Cat. #AB-N39)
- Peters CM, Hayashida K, Suto T, Houle TT, Aschenbrenner CA, Martin TJ, Eisenach JC. (2015) Individual Differences in Acute Pain-induced Endogenous Analgesia Predict Time to Resolution of Postoperative Pain in the Rat. Anesthesiology 122(4):895-907. (Cat. #IT-03, Cat. #IT-18)
- Joly S, Guzik-Kornacka A, Schwab ME, Pernet V. (2014) New mouse retinal stroke model reveals direction-selective circuit damage linked to permanent optokinetic response loss. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 55(7):4476-4489. (Cat. #AB-N38)
- Akahoshi N, Kamata S, Kubota M, Hishiki T, Nagahata Y, Matsuura T, Yamazaki C, Yoshida Y, Yamada H, Ishizaki Y, Suematsu M, Kasahara T, Ishii I. (2014) Neutral aminoaciduria in cystathionine beta-synthase-deficient mice; an animal model of homocystinuria. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 306(12):F1462-76. (Cat. #AB-T036)
- Ono K, Ye Y, Viet CT, Dang D, Schmidt BL. (2015) TRPV1 expression level in isolectin B4-positive neurons contributes to mouse strain difference in cutaneous thermal nociceptive sensitivity. J Neurophysiol 113(9):3345-3355. (Cat. #IT-10, Cat. #PR-01)
- Li J, Pan Y, Zhang B, Chen Q. (2015) Macrophages are needed in the progression of tuberculosis into lung cancer. Tumour Biol 36(8):6063-6066. (Cat. #IT-06)
- Higgins SC, Fillmore HL, Ashkan K, Butt AM, Pilkington GJ. (2015) Dual targeting NG2 and GD3A using Mab-Zap immunotoxin results in reduced glioma cell viability in vitro. Anticancer Res 35(1):77-84. (Cat. #IT-04)
- Nguyen HN, Huppe-Gourgues F, Vaucher E. (2015) Activation of the mouse primary visual cortex by medial prefrontal subregion stimulation is not mediated by cholinergic basalo-cortical projections. Front Syst Neurosci 9:1. (Cat. #IT-16)
- Frankel AE, Nymeyer H, Lappi DA, Higgins D, Ahn C, Noe C. (2014) Preliminary results from a phase I study of substance P-saporin in terminal cancer patients with intractable pain. J Clin Oncol 32 (suppl 31):191. (Cat. #IT-07)
Targeting Talk: Product Questions
- I ordered a targeted toxin. Will it come in powder form? How do I re-dissolve it? [see answer]
- I’m interested in your anti-DBH-saporin toxin for lesioning central catecholaminergic neurons. I see from the product description that the antibody used is a mouse monoclonal — designed to specifically target rat DBH. My interest is to produce targeted lesions in mouse transgenic. Will this product still work specifically? Thanks. [see answer]
- Recently we used your flow cytometry services (Cytometry Research, ATS subsidiary). Based on post flow data analysis needs, I am providing the assay group list below (withheld for confidentiality). [see answer]
Drug-free selection of stable transfectants using rIB4-SAP
(continued from page 1)
- Amer Assoc Immunologists / May 8-12, 2015 / New Orleans, LA / Booth #541
- Society for Neuroscience / October 17-21, 2015 / Chicago, IL / Booth #662
Targeting Teaser (Jumble) – Win a jigsaw puzzle!