Below are links to view the quarterly newsletter Targeting Trends. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please complete the information on our contact page.
- Otis Gets His Wag Back! (page 2)
- SFN 2014 Survey (page 2)
- Recent Scientific References (page 3)
- Teaser Winners (page 5)
- Targeting Teaser – win a 2015 calendar! (page 8)
Cancer Pain Relief in Pet Dogs has Direct Translation into Human Chronic Pain Conditions (continued on page 6)
Based on the recent publication by: Brown DC, Agnello K. (2013) Intrathecal substance p-saporin in the dog: efficacy in bone cancer pain. Anesthesiology 119(5):1178-1185 and the October 2013 press release by the American Society of Anesthesiologists, “Man’s best friends’ chronic pain relieved with new treatment, study finds: Findings could be useful to human cancer patients.
Visit our booth at the Society for Neuroscience and Choose Your Gift!
- Society for Neuroscience / November 15-19, 2014 / Washington, DC / Booth #1019
- Amer Assoc Immunologists / May 8-12, 2015 / New Orleans, LA / Booth #541
Recent Scientific References (read summaries)
- Criscimanna A, Coudriet GM, Gittes GK, Piganelli JD, Esni F. (2014) Activated Macrophages Create Lineage-specific Microenvironments for Pancreatic Acinar- and beta-cell Regeneration in Mice. Gastroenterology Epub(Cat. #IT-06)
- Zheng X, Zhai B, Koivunen P, Shin SJ, Lu G, Liu J, Geisen C, Chakraborty AA, Moslehi JJ, Smalley DM, Wei X, Chen X, Chen Z, Beres JM, Zhang J, Tsao JL, Brenner MC, Zhang Y, Fan C, DePinho RA, Paik J, Gygi SP, Kaelin WGJ, Zhang Q. (2014) Prolyl hydroxylation by EglN2 destabilizes FOXO3a by blocking its interaction with the USP9x deubiquitinase. Genes Dev 28(13):1429-1444. (Cat. #AB-T044)
- Zhao ZQ, Wan L, Liu XY, Huo FQ, Li H, Barry DM, Krieger S, Kim S, Liu ZC, Xu J, Rogers BE, Li YQ, Chen ZF. (2014) Cross-Inhibition of NMBR and GRPR Signaling Maintains Normal Histaminergic Itch Transmission. J Neurosci 34(37):12402-12414. (Cat. #IT-40, Cat. #IT-21)
- Nunan R, Sivasathiaseelan H, Khan D, Zaben M, Gray W. (2014) Microglial VPAC1R mediates a novel mechanism of neuroimmune-modulation of hippocampal precursor cells via IL-4 release. Glia 62(8):1313-1327. (Cat. #IT-33)
- Bostad M, Kausberg M, Weyergang A, Olsen CE, Berg K, Hogset A, Selbo PK. (2014) Light-Triggered, Efficient Cytosolic Release of IM7-Saporin Targeting the Putative Cancer Stem Cell Marker CD44 by Photochemical Internalization. Mol Pharm 11(8):2764-2776. (Cat. #IT-27)
- Liu H, Yan WW, Lu XX, Zhang XL, Wei JQ, Wang XY, Wang T, Wu T, Cao J, Shao CJ, Zhou F, Zhang HX, Zhang P, Zang T, Lu XF, Cao JL, Ding HL, Zhang LC. (2014) Role of the cerebrospinal fluid-contacting nucleus in the descending inhibition of spinal pain transmission. Exp Neurol 261C:475-485. (Cat. #IT-14, Cat. #PR-01)
- Steiner JA, Carneiro AM, Wright J, Matthies HJ, Prasad HC, Nicki CK, Dostmann WR, Buchanan CC, Corbin JD, Francis SH, Blakely RD. (2009) cGMP-dependent protein kinase Ialpha associates with the antidepressant-sensitive serotonin transporter and dictates rapid modulation of serotonin uptake. Mol Brain 2:26. (Cat. #AB-N40)
- Roland JJ, Janke KL, Servatius RJ, Pang KC. (2014) GABAergic neurons in the medial septum-diagonal band of Broca (MSDB) are important for acquisition of the classically conditioned eyeblink response. Brain Struct Funct 219(4):1231-1237. (Cat. #IT-32)
- Premer C, Lamondin C, Mitzey A, Speth RC, Brownfield MS. (2013) Immunohistochemical Localization of AT1a, AT1b, and AT2 Angiotensin II Receptor Subtypes in the Rat Adrenal, Pituitary, and Brain with a Perspective Commentary. Int J Hypertens 2013:175428. (Cat. #AB-N25AP, Cat. #AB-N26AP, Cat. #AB-N28AP)
- Cao J WT, Zhang LC. (2014) Targeted damage of the cerebrospinal fluid-contacting nucleus contributes to the pain behavior and the expression of 5-HT and c-Fos in the spinal dorsal horn of rats. Zhongguo Ying Yong Sheng Li Xue Za Zhi 30(3):218-222. (Cat. #IT-14)
Targeting Talk: Product Questions
- I ordered a control conjugate to use alongside my targeted conjugate, but the two products are at different concentrations. How much control conjugate should I use? [see answer]
- I have been using your ZAP Antibody Internalization Kit. It is working well for me, but I can only test one antibody at a time. Do you offer the ZAP kit in larger sizes? [see answer]
Otis Gets His Wag Back!
Dog with bone cancer jumps for joy over new treatment that made him pain-free after one dose!
SP-SAP for Treatment of Cancer Pain (continued from page 1)
Targeting Teaser Winners
Targeting Teaser (Jumble) – Win a 2015 ATS calendar!