Targeting Talk: Streptavidin-ZAP Applications

Q: I’ve been looking at your secondary conjugates and want to see if my targeting agent is specific to certain cells. Which secondary conjugate should I use?

A: It depends on two factors: 1) the type of assay you want to use, and 2) the kind of targeting agent you want to use.

For in vitro assays, in particular, internalization assays, you can use any of the ZAP Internalization Kits (Z-Kits that include all the materials necessary to test your targeting agent). For the Secondary Antibody Z-Kits, you use your primary antibody and select the appropriate secondary antibody species (e.g. for a human antibody, use Hum-ZAP (Cat. #KIT-22-Z), Fab-ZAP human (Cat. #KIT-51-Z), FabFC-Human (Cat. #KIT-65-Z), Hug-M-ZAP (Cat. #KIT-43-Z), or Fab-ZAP Hug-M (Cat. #KIT-78-Z), depending on the isotype of your primary antibody (See page 8 Promos). Or you can biotinylate your antibody and use Streptavidin-ZAP (Cat. #KIT-27-Z).

For in vivo applications, it depends on the kind of targeting agent you want to use. Regardless of whether you use an antibody, peptide or ligand, you will need to biotinylate the material first. ATS offers a biotinylation service that is efficient and economical (See page 8 Promos).

If you are using a biotinylated peptide, you will use a kit that includes the appropriate control — Blank-Streptavidin-SAP. Order Cat. #KIT-27-B (25 mcg, 100 mcg, 250 mcg, or 1 mg).

If you are using a biotinylated antibody, you will use the Streptavidin-ZAP kit that includes the appropriate antibody species control: BIgG-SAP Human, BIgG-SAP Mouse, BIgG-SAP Rabbit, BIgG-SAP Rat. Select the kit that matches the species of your biotinylated primary antibody. Each kit is available in 25, 100, 250 or 1000 mcg sizes.

Have questions? Contact us.