Below are links to view the quarterly newsletter Targeting Trends. You can also download the full PDF here. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please complete the information on our contact page.
Anti-ChAT-SAP is highlighted this quarter in the cover article “A specific immunotoxin elucidates a causal role of striatal cholinergic system in behavioral flexibility” and in “Targeting Tools.” The ATS Product Managers are also pleased to introduce two new products: MonoBiotin-ZAP and PACAP-SAP.
“Targeting Talk” answers questions about retrograde transport and where to find the citation Suicide Transport and Immunolesioning. The latest articles using ATS products are highlighted in Recent Scientific References and solve the latest “Targeting Teaser” to win a $100 product credit!
by Sho Aoki and Jeffery R. Wickens
Neurobiology Research Unit, Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, 1919-1 Tancha, Onna, Kunigami, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Society for Neuroscience / October 17-21, 2015 / Chicago, IL / Booth #662
- Experimental Biology / April 2-6, 2016 / San Diego, CA
Targeting Teaser Winners
Recent Scientific References (read summaries)
- Harasawa I, Johansen JP, Fields HL, Porreca F, Meng ID. (2016) Alterations in the rostral ventromedial medulla after the selective ablation of mu-opioid receptor expressing neurons. Pain 157(1):166-173. (Cat. #IT-12, Cat. #PR-01)
- Cao Q, Lu J, Li Q, Wang C, Wang XM, Lee VW, Wang C, Nguyen H, Zheng G, Zhao Y, Alexander SI, Wang Y, Harris DC. (2016) CD103+ Dendritic Cells Elicit CD8+ T Cell Responses to Accelerate Kidney Injury in Adriamycin Nephropathy. J Am Soc Nephrol 27(5):1344-1360. (Cat. #IT-50, Cat. #IT-17)
- Damelin M, Bankovich A, Park A, Aguilar J, Anderson W, Santaguida M, Aujay M, Fong S, Khandke K, Pulito V, Ernstoff E, Escarpe P, Bernstein J, Pysz M, Zhong W, Upeslacis E, Lucas J, Lucas J, Nichols T, Loving K, Foord O, Hampl J, Stull R, Barletta F, Falahatpisheh H, Sapra P, Gerber HP, Dylla SJ. (2015) Anti-EFNA4 Calicheamicin Conjugates Effectively Target Triple-Negative Breast and Ovarian Tumor-Initiating Cells to Result in Sustained Tumor Regressions. Clin Cancer Res 21(18):4165-4173. (Cat. #IT-27)
- Helena CV, Toporikova N, Kalil B, Stathopoulos AM, Pogrebna VV, Carolino RO, Anselmo-Franci JA, Bertram R. (2015) KNDy neurons modulate the magnitude of the steroid-induced luteinizing hormone surges in ovariectomized rats. Endocrinology 156(11):4200-4213. (Cat. #IT-63)
- Pires ES, D’Souza RS, Needham MA, Herr AK, Jazaeri AA, Li H, Stoler MH, Anderson-Knapp KL, Thomas T, Mandal A, Gougeon A, Flickinger CJ, Bruns DE, Pollok BA, Herr JC. (2015) Membrane associated cancer-oocyte neoantigen SAS1B/ovastacin is a candidate immunotherapeutic target for uterine tumors. Oncotarget 6(30):30194-30211. (Cat. #IT-57, Cat. #IT-35)
- Buhr ED, Yue WW, Ren X, Jiang Z, Liao HR, Mei X, Vemaraju S, Nguyen MT, Reed RR, Lang RA, Yau KW, Van Gelder RN. (2015) Neuropsin (OPN5)-mediated photoentrainment of local circadian oscillators in mammalian retina and cornea.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112(42):13093-13098 (Cat. #AB-N38)
- Garcia-Castillo MD, Tran T, Bobard A, Renard HF, Rathjen SJ, Dransart E, Stechmann B, Lamaze C, Lord M, Cintrat JC, Enninga J, Tartour E, Johannes L. (2015) Retrograde transport is not required for cytosolic translocation of the B-subunit of Shiga toxin. J Cell Sci 128(13):2373-2387. (Custom)
- King TL, Ruyle BC, Kline DD, Heesch CM, Hasser EM. (2015) Catecholaminergic neurons projecting to the paraventricular nucleus of the hypothalamus are essential for cardiorespiratory adjustments to hypoxia. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 309(7):R721-31. (Cat. #IT-03, Cat. #IT-18)
- Freiria-Oliveira AH, Blanch GT, Pedrino GR, Cravo SL, Murphy D, Menani JV, Colombari DS. (2015) Catecholaminergic neurons in the comissural region of the nucleus of the solitary tract modulate hyperosmolality-induced responses. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 309(9):R1082-91. (Cat. #IT-03, Cat. #IT-18)
- Saeed AW, Pawlowski SA, Ribeiro-da-Silva A. (2015) Limited changes in spinal lamina I dorsal horn neurons following the cytotoxic ablation of non-peptidergic C-fibers. Mol Pain 11(1):54. (Cat. #IT-10)
- Oyamaguchi A, Abe T, Sugiyo S, Niwa H, Takemura M. (2016) Selective elimination of isolectin B4-binding trigeminal neurons enhanced formalin-induced nocifensive behavior in the upper lip of rats and c-Fos expression in the trigeminal subnucleus caudalis. Neurosci Res 103:40-47. (Cat. #IT-10, Cat. #IT-21)
- McHugh SB, Francis A, McAuley JD, Stewart AL, Baxter MG, Bannerman DM. (2015) Hippocampal acetylcholine depletion has no effect on anxiety, spatial novelty preference, or differential reward for low rates of responding (DRL) performance in rats. Behav Neurosci 129(4):491-501. (Cat. #IT-01)
- Bourassa EA, Stedenfeld KA, Sved AF, Speth RC. (2015) Selective C1 Lesioning Slightly Decreases Angiotensin II Type I Receptor Expression in the Rat Rostral Ventrolateral Medulla (RVLM). Neurochem Res 40(10):2113-2120. (Cat. #IT-03, Cat. #IT-18)
- Kras JV, Weisshaar CL, Pall PS, Winkelstein BA. (2015) Pain from intra-articular NGF or joint injury in the rat requires contributions from peptidergic joint afferents. Neurosci Lett 604:193-198. (Cat. #IT-10, Cat. #IT-11, Cat. #PR-01)
Targeting Talk: Product Questions
- Hello, I have used your Anti-DBH-SAP (Cat. #IT-03) conjugate, and I’m having a hard time finding this citation: R.G. Wiley, D.A. Lappi. Suicide Transport and Immunolesioning. Molecular Biology Intelligence Unit, R.G. Landes Co, Austin, TX (1994). Do you know where I could find a copy? [see answer]
- I’m trying to find out if enough Anti-DBH-SAP will be retrogradely transported and taken up by non targeted sympathetic neurons by bulk fluid-phase endocytosis. Does saporin become degraded after it kills the neuron or does it enter the extracellular matrix? [see answer]
Recent Scientific References (read summaries)
Anti-ChAT-SAP elucidates a causal role in behavioral flexibility
(continued from page 1)
Targeting Teaser (Jumble) – Win a $100 product credit!