Below are links to view the quarterly newsletter Targeting Trends. You can also download the full PDF here. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please complete the information on our contact page.
SP-SAP Human Clinical Trial for Cancer Pain is the cover article this quarter discussing the positive feedback from current patients along with the efficacy and drug delivery from an anesthesiologists point of view (Dr. Carl Noe). Our team of Product Managers highlight their products and the Beta Testing Program continues to be a great opportunity at a very low price.
“Targeting Talk” answers questions about incubating primary antibodies and which controls to use. The latest articles using ATS products are highlighted in Recent Scientific References and solve the latest “Targeting Teaser” to win a $100 product credit!
SP-SAP Human Clinical Trial for Cancer Pain – An Anesthesiologist’s Point of View
(continued on page 6)
by Carl Noe, M.D., Anesthesiology & Pain Management, UT Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX; and Eugene McDermott Center for Pain Management, Dallas, Texas
Meet LUCAS CHANCE – No, he’s not a Product Manager… yet! Welcome to Lucas Ancheta (son to Leonardo and Kate Ancheta), born April 14, 2015, weighing in at 5 lb, 2 oz.
Targeting Teaser Winners
Recent Scientific References (read summaries)
- Xu M, Kobets A, Du JC, Lennington J, Li L, Banasr M, Duman RS, Vaccarino FM, DiLeone RJ, Pittenger C. (2015) Targeted ablation of cholinergic interneurons in the dorsolateral striatum produces behavioral manifestations of Tourette syndrome. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112(3):893-898. (Cat. #IT-42, Cat. #IT-35)
- Aoki S, Liu AW, Zucca A, Zucca S, Wickens JR. (2015) Role of striatal cholinergic interneurons in set-shifting in the rat. J Neurosci 35(25):9424-9431. (Cat. #IT-42)
- Akiyama T, Nguyen T, Curtis E, Nishida K, Devireddy J, Delahanty J, Carstens MI, Carstens E. (2015) A central role for spinal dorsal horn neurons that express neurokinin-1 receptors in chronic itch. Pain 156(7):1240-1246. (Cat. #IT-40, Cat. #IT-11, Cat. #IT-21)
- Mittelman-Smith MA, Krajewski-Hall SJ, McMullen NT, Rance NE. (2015) Neurokinin 3 Receptor-Expressing Neurons in the Median Preoptic Nucleus Modulate Heat-Dissipation Effectors in the Female Rat. Endocrinology 156(7):2552-2562. (Cat. #IT-63, Cat. #IT-21)
- Li AJ, Wang Q, Elsarelli MM, Brown RL, Ritter S. (2015) Hindbrain catecholamine neurons activate orexin neurons during systemic glucoprivation in male rats. Endocrinology 156(8):2807-2820. (Cat. #IT-03, Cat. #PR-01)
- Li AJ, Wang Q, Davis H, Wang R, Ritter S. (2015) Orexin-A Enhances Feeding in Male Rats by Activating Hindbrain Catecholamine Neurons. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol Epub:ajpregu.00065.2015. (Cat. #IT-03, Cat. #PR-01)
- Burke PG, Kanbar R, Viar KE, Stornetta RL, Guyenet PG. (2015) Selective optogenetic stimulation of the retrotrapezoid nucleus in sleeping rats activates breathing without changing blood pressure or causing arousal or sighs. J Appl Physiol (1985) 118(12):1491-1501. (Cat. #IT-03)
- Xing D, Wu Y, Li G, Song S, Liu Y, Liu H, Wang X, Fei Y, Zhang C, Li Y, Zhang L. (2015) Role of cerebrospinal fluid-contacting nucleus in sodium sensing and sodium appetite. Physiol Behav 147:291-299. (Cat. #IT-14)
- Wang B, Miao Y, Zhao Z, Zhong Y. (2015) Inflammatory Macrophages Promotes Development of Diabetic Encephalopathy. Cell Physiol Biochem 36(3):1142-1150. (Cat. #IT-06)
- Murray RC, Logan MC, Horner KA. (2015) Striatal patch compartment lesions reduce stereotypy following repeated cocaine administration. Brain Res Epub(Cat. #IT-12, Cat. #PR-01)
- Wu YH, Song SY, Liu H, Xing D, Wang X, Fei Y, Li GL, Zhang C, Li Y, Zhang LC. (2015) Role of adrenomedullin in the cerebrospinal fluid-contacting nucleus in the modulation of immobilization stress. Neuropeptides 51:43-54. (Cat. #IT-14, Cat. #PR-01)
- Pergolizzi JV, Gharibo C, Ho KY. (2014) Treatment Considerations for Cancer Pain: A Global Perspective. Pain Pract Epub (Cat. #IT-07)
- Gulino R, Parenti R, Gulisano M. (2015) Novel Mechanisms of Spinal Cord Plasticity in a Mouse Model of Motoneuron Disease. Biomed Res Int 2015:654637. (Cat. #IT-14)
- Dashniani M, Kruashvili L, Rusadze Kh, Mataradze S, Beselia G. (2015) Effects of immunotoxic and electrolytic lesions of medial septal area on spatial short-term memory in rats. Georgian Med News (239):98-103. (Cat. #IT-01, Cat. #IT-32, Cat. #PR-01)
- Burjanadze M, Mataradze S, Rusadze K, Chkhikvishvili N, Dashniani M. (2015) Selective lesion of gaba-ergic neurons in the medial septum by gat1-saporin impairs spatial learning in a water-maze. Georgian Med News (240):59-64. (Cat. #IT-32, Cat. #PR-01)
- Dashniani MG, Burjanadze MA, Naneishvili TL, Chkhikvishvili NC, Beselia GV, Kruashvili LB, Pochkhidze NO, Chighladze MR. (2015) Exploratory behavior and recognition memory in medial septal electrolytic, neuro- and immunotoxic lesioned rats. Physiol Res Epub (Cat. #IT-01, Cat. #PR-01)
Targeting Talk: Product Questions
- For in vitro cytotoxicity assays, could you tell me: 1) whether you incubate primary with your Saporin secondary for a specific amount of time prior to cell addition, and 2) do you use a single concentration of secondary per well or a primary:secondary ratio — like 1:2 or 1:4? [see answer]
- Your targeted toxin kits come with different controls. I’m not sure of the best way to use them; there is included unconjugated antibody, unconjugated saporin, and a control conjugate, mouse IgG-SAP. Should I use them all in the same experiment or for different purposes? [see answer]
- Which control is best to use with Octreotide-SAP? [see answer]
SP-SAP Human Clinical Trial for Cancer Pain
(continued from page 1)
- Pain & Migraine Therapeutics Summit / September 23-24, 2015 / Washington, DC
- Society for Neuroscience / October 17-21, 2015 / Chicago, IL / Booth #662
Targeting Teaser (Jumble) – Win a $100 product credit!