Below are links to view the quarterly newsletter Targeting Trends. You can also download the full PDF here. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please complete the information on our contact page.
The cover article is contributed by this year’s winner of ATS’ SFN Poster of the Year. Aaron Kucinski summarizes his work in Dr. Sarter’s lab using 192-IgG-SAP and Anti-ChAT-SAP to Model Fall Propensity in Parkinson’s Disease. Also, on page 2 is an update on the Veterinary Development of Substance P-Saporin (SP-SAP). ATS is also excited to announce two new products ZAP SrB Development Kit (Cat. #KIT-SrB-Z) and Anti-CD44-SAP (Cat. #IT-72) plus the new Beta Testing Program.
“Targeting Talk” answers questions for a lab getting ready to start a project using targeted toxins. The latest articles using ATS products are highlighted in Recent Scientific References and you can solve the “Targeting Teaser” to win a 2015 ATS calendar.
by Aaron Kucinski (Collaborators at University Michigan, Ann Arbor: K. Phillips, R. Albin, M. Sarter)
- Amer Assoc Immunologists / May 8-12, 2015 / New Orleans, LA / Booth #541
- Society for Neuroscience / October 17-21, 2015 / Chicago, IL / Booth #662
Recent Scientific References (read summaries)
- Jokiaho AJ, Donovan CM, Watts AG. (2014) The rate of fall of blood glucose determines the necessity of forebrain-projecting catecholaminergic neurons for male rat sympathoadrenal responses. Diabetes 63(8):2854-2865. (Cat. #IT-03, Cat. #IT-18)
- Ehrlich D, Wang B, Lu W, Dowling P, Yuan R. (2014) Intratumoral anti-HuD immunotoxin therapy for small cell lung cancer and neuroblastoma. J Hematol Oncol 7(1):91. (Cat. #IT-27)
- Nichols NL, Vinit S, Bauernschmidt L, Mitchell GS. (2015) Respiratory function after selective respiratory motor neuron death from intrapleural CTB-saporin injections. Exp Neurol 267:18-29 (Cat. #IT-14, Cat. #PR-01)
- Vazquez-DeRose J, Schwartz MD, Nguyen AT, Warrier DR, Gulati S, Mathew TK, Neylan TC, Kilduff TS. (2016) Hypocretin/orexin antagonism enhances sleep-related adenosine and GABA neurotransmission in rat basal forebrain. Brain Struct Funct 221(2):923-940. (Cat. #IT-01)
- Sims S, Klenerman P. (2015) Increasing inflationary T-cell responses following transient depletion of MCMV-specific memory T cells. Eur J Immunol 45(1):113-118. (Cat. #IT-27)
- Sato M, Inada E, Saitoh I, Matsumoto Y, Ohtsuka M, Miura H, Nakamura S, Sakurai T, Watanabe S. (2014) A combination of targeted toxin technology and the piggyBac-mediated gene transfer system enables efficient isolation of stable transfectants in nonhuman mammalian cells. Biotechnol J Epub (Cat. #IT-10)
- Kalinchuk AV, Porkka-Heiskanen T, McCarley RW, Basheer R. (2015) Cholinergic neurons of the basal forebrain mediate biochemical and electrophysiological mechanisms underlying sleep homeostasis. Eur J Neurosci 41(2):182-195. (Cat. #IT-01)
- Speer CM, Sun C, Liets LC, Stafford BK, Chapman B, Cheng HJ. (2014) Eye-specific retinogeniculate segregation proceeds normally following disruption of patterned spontaneous retinal activity. Neural Dev 9(1):25. (Custom Conjugate)
- Akiyama T, Tominaga M, Takamori K, Carstens MI, Carstens E. (2014) Role of spinal bombesin-responsive neurons in nonhistaminergic itch. J Neurophysiol 112(9):2283-2289. (Cat. #IT-40)
- Mang Y, Zhao Z, Zeng Z, Wu X, Li Z, Zhang L. (2015) Efficient elimination of CD103-expressing cells by anti-CD103 antibody drug conjugates in immunocompetent mice. Int Immunopharmacol 24(1):119-127. (Custom Conjugate)
- Jeong da U, Lee JE, Lee SE, Chang WS, Kim SJ, Chang JW. (2014) Improvements in memory after medial septum stimulation are associated with changes in hippocampal cholinergic activity and neurogenesis. Biomed Res Int 2014:568587. (Cat. #IT-01)
- Feetham CH, Barrett-Jolley R. (2014) NK1-receptor-expressing paraventricular nucleus neurones modulate daily variation in heart rate and stress-induced changes in heart rate variability. PHY2 2(12):e12207. (Cat. #IT-11)
- Sato M, Akasaka E, Saitoh I, Ohtsuka M, Nakamura S, Sakurai T, Watanabe S. (2013) Targeted toxin-based selectable drug-free enrichment of Mammalian cells with high transgene expression. Biology (Basel) 2(1):341-355. (Cat. #IT-10)
Targeting Talk: Product Questions
- Our lab is getting ready to begin a project using one of your targeted toxins. We already did a preliminary experiment to try out the material, but we have a couple of questions before we start the larger project. First, do you have any protocols or references for injecting intrathecally? [see answer]
- The second question is in two parts: 1) how do we determine the appropriate dose, and 2) how do we know saporin is not killing indiscriminately at that dose? [see answer]
IgG Quantification by ELISA
Modeling Fall Propensity in Parkinson’s Disease
(continued from page 1)
Targeting Teaser Winners
ZAP SrB Development Kit (Cat. #KIT-SrB-Z)
Anti-CD44-SAP (Cat. #IT-72)
Targeting Teaser (Jumble) – Win a 2015 ATS calendar!