Below are links to view the quarterly newsletter Targeting Trends. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please complete the information on our contact page.
- Optogenetics, Brain Activity Mapping Project (page 2)
- Spring Brain Conference 25th Anniversary (page 2)
- Targeting Talk: Streptavidin-ZAP and New Calculators (page 5)
- Recombinant Isolectin B4 – patent pending (page 7)
- Complete and Submit the Targeting Teaser online!
Contributed by Liu Y, Weick JP, Liu H, Krencik R, Zhang X, Ma L, Zhou GM, Ayala M, Zhang SC. Waisman Center, School of Medicine and Public Health, University of Wisconsin, Madison, Wisconsin, USA. and Human Anatomy and Histology, Fudan University Shanghai Medical School, Shanghai, China.Product information related to cover article: mu p75-SAP (Cat. #IT-16)
Spring Brain Conference 25th Anniversary
Recent Scientific References (read summaries)
- Liu Y, Weick JP, Liu H, Krencik R, Zhang X, Ma L, Zhou GM, Ayala M, Zhang SC. (2013) Medial ganglionic eminence-like cells derived from human embryonic stem cells correct learning and memory deficits. Nat Biotechnol 31(5):440-447. (Cat. #IT-16)
- Mishra SK, Hoon MA. (2013) The cells and circuitry for itch responses in mice. Science 340(6135):968-971. (Custom Conjugates)
- Burgos-Ojeda D, McLean K, Bai S, Pulaski H, Gong Y, Silva I, Skorecki K, Tzukerman M, Buckanovich RJ. (2013) A Novel Model for Evaluating Therapies Targeting Human Tumor Vasculature and Human Cancer Stem-like Cells. Cancer Res 73(12):3555-3565. (Cat. #IT-27)
- Murray RC, Gilbert YE, Logan AS, Hebbard JC, Horner KA. (2013) Striatal patch compartment lesions alter methamphetamine-induced behavior and immediate early gene expression in the striatum, substantia nigra and frontal cortex. Brain Struct Funct Epub(Cat. #IT-12)
- Bostad M, Berg K, Hogset A, Skarpen E, Stenmark H, Selbo PK. (2013) Photochemical internalization (PCI) of immunotoxins targeting CD133 is specific and highly potent at femtomolar levels in cells with cancer stem cell properties. J Control Release 168(3):317-326. (Cat. #IT-27)
- Leach ND, Nodal FR, Cordery PM, King AJ, Bajo VM. (2013) Cortical cholinergic input is required for normal auditory perception and experience-dependent plasticity in adult ferrets. J Neurosci 33(15):6659-6671. (Cat. #IT-15)
- Gratz IK, Truong HA, Yang SH, Maurano MM, Lee K, Abbas AK, Rosenblum MD. (2013) Cutting Edge: memory regulatory t cells require IL-7 and not IL-2 for their maintenance in peripheral tissues. J Immunol 190(9):4483-4487. (Cat. #IT-02)
- Rust S, Guillard S, Sachsenmeier K, Hay C, Davidson M, Karlsson A, Karlsson R, Brand E, Lowne D, Elvin J, Flynn M, Kurosawa G, Hollingsworth R, Jermutus L, Minter R. (2013) Combining phenotypic and proteomic approaches to identify membrane targets in a ‘triple negative’ breast cancer cell type. Mol Cancer 12:11. (Cat. #IT-04)
- Hartig W, Saul A, Kacza J, Grosche J, Goldhammer S, Michalski D, Wirths O. (2013) Immunolesion-induced loss of cholinergic projection neurons promotes beta-amyloidosis and tau hyperphosphorylation in the hippocampus of triple-transgenic mice. Neuropathol Appl Neurobiol Epub(Cat. #IT-16)
- Lelkes Z, Porkka-Heiskanen T, Stenberg D. (2013) Cholinergic basal forebrain structures are involved in the mediation of the arousal effect of noradrenaline. J Sleep Res Epub(Cat. #IT-01)
- Ariffin MZ, Chang LS, Koh HC, Low CM, Khanna S. (2013) An environment-dependent modulation of cortical neural response by forebrain cholinergic neurons in awake rat. Brain Res 1513:72-84. (Cat. #IT-01)
- Li Q, Syrovets T, Simmet T, Ding J, Xu J, Chen W, Zhu D, Gao P. (2013) Plasmin induces intercellular adhesion molecule 1 expression in human endothelial cells via nuclear factor-kappaB/mitogen-activated protein kinases-dependent pathways. Exp Biol Med (Maywood) 238(2):176-186. (Cat. #FL-04, FL-07)
- Fricks-Gleason AN, Keefe KA. (2013) Evaluating the Role of Neuronal Nitric Oxide Synthase-Containing Striatal Interneurons in Methamphetamine-Induced Dopamine Neurotoxicity. Neurotox Res 24(2):288-297. (Cat. #IT-11, IT-21)
- Minces VH, Alexander AS, Datlow M, Alfonso SI, Chiba AA. (2013) The role of visual cortex acetylcholine in learning to discriminate temporally modulated visual stimuli. Front Behav Neurosci 7:16. (Cat. #IT-01)
- Stratford EW, Bostad M, Castro R, Skarpen E, Berg K, Hogset A, Myklebost O, Selbo PK. (2013) Photochemical internalization of CD133-targeting immunotoxins efficiently depletes sarcoma cells with stem-like properties and reduces tumorigenicity. Biochim Biophys Acta 1830(8):4235-4243. (Cat. #IT-27)
- Matchynski JJ, Lowrance SA, Pappas C, Rossignol J, Puckett N, Sandstrom M, Dunbar GL. (2013) Combinatorial Treatment of Tart Cherry Extract and Essential Fatty Acids Reduces Cognitive Impairments and Inflammation in the mu-p75 Saporin-Induced Mouse Model of Alzheimer’s Disease. J Med Food 16(4):288-295. (Cat. #IT-16)
- Sasaki A, Adhikari S, Andoh T, Kuraishi Y. (2013) BB2 bombesin receptor-expressing spinal neurons transmit herpes-associated itch by BB2 receptor-independent signaling. Neuroreport Epub(Cat. #IT-40, IT-21)
- Helena CV, Kalil B, Anselmo-Franci JA, Bertram R. (2013) Time Course Study of Targeted Ablation of KNDy Neurons, but not Tyrosine-Hydroxylase Neurons, in the Rat Arcuate Nucleus Using a Neurokinin B-Saporin. Endocr Rev 34 (03_MeetingAbstracts):OR47-5. (Cat. #IT-63, IT-21)
- Montandon G, Horner RL. (2013) State-dependent contribution of the hyperpolarization-activated na+/k+ and persistent na+ currents to respiratory rhythmogenesis in vivo. J Neurosci 33(20):8716-8728. (Cat. #AB-N33AP)
Targeting Talk: Product Questions
- What is the molar concentration for Stretavidin-ZAP?
- Will each mole of streptavidin bind 4 moles of biotin?
Recent Scientific References continued (see pages 3-4)
Correcting learning and memory deficits in an NGFr-lesioned mouse model
(continued from page 1)
- Society for Neuroscience / November 10-13, 2013 / San Diego, CA / Booth #1120
- FENS Regional / September 11-14, 2013 / Prague, Czech Republic / Booth #14
Targeting Tools: Featured Product
- Recombinant Isolectin B4 – patent pending (Cat.#PR-02 and IT-10)
Targeting Teaser (Jumble) – Win a Tote Bag!