Below are links to view the quarterly newsletter Targeting Trends. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please complete the information on our contact page.
- SP-SAP veterinary applications (page 2)
- ATS receives SBIR grant (page 2)
- Teaser Winners (page 5)
- New Sample-Size Antibodies (page 7)
- Complete and Submit the Targeting Teaser online!
Noradrenergic Innervation of the Dorsal Medial Prefrontal Cortex Modulates Hypothalamo-Pituitary-Adrenal Responses to Acute Emotional Stress – read article (continued on page 6)
Contributed by Jason J. Radley, Ph.D.
Laboratory of Neuronal Structure and Function; The Salk Institute of Biological Studies and Foundation for Medical Research; La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
SP-SAP Treatment for Chronic Pain… in non-Humans (see text)
ATS Receives SBIR Phase I Grant
Flow Cytometry Services (www.CytometryRes.com)
Recent Scientific References – read online
- Shank EJ, Seitz PK, Bubar MJ, Stutz SJ, Cunningham KA (2007) Selective ablation of GABA neurons in the ventral tegmental area increases spontaneous locomotor activity. Behav Neurosci 121:1224-1233. (Cat. #IT-12; Cat. #IT-21)
- Liao D, Lin PH, Yao Q, Chen C (2008) Vascular smooth cell proliferation in perfusion culture of porcine carotid arteries. Biochem Biophys Res Commun [Epub Jun 2]. (Cat. #IT-38)
- Dotigny F, Ben Amor AY, Burke M, Vaucher E (2008) Neuromodulatory role of acetylcholine in visually-induced cortical activation: Behavioral and neuroanatomical correlates. Neuroscience [Epub Apr 25]. (Cat. #IT-01)
- Radley JJ, Williams B, Sawchenko PE (2008) Noradrenergic innervation of the dorsal medial prefrontal cortex modulates hypothalamo-pituitary-adrenal responses to acute emotional stress. J Neurosci 28:5806-5816. (Cat. #IT-03)
- Siva AC, Wild MA, Kirkland RE, Nolan MJ, Lin B, Maruyama T, Yantiri-Wernimont F, Frederickson S, Bowdish KS, Xin H (2008) Targeting CUB domain-containing protein 1 with a monoclonal antibody inhibits metastasis in a prostate cancer model. Cancer Res 68:3759-3766. (Cat. #IT-04; Cat. #IT-22; Cat. #IT-18; Cat. #PR-01)
- De Bartolo P, Leggio MG, Mandolesi L, Foti F, Gelfo F, Ferlazzo F, Petrosini L (2008) Environmental enrichment mitigates the effects of basal forebrain lesions on cognitive flexibility. Neuroscience [Epub Apr 7]. (Cat. #IT-01)
- Rahman W, Suzuki R, Hunt SP, Dickenson AH (2008) Selective ablation of dorsal horn NK(1) expressing cells reveals a modulation of spinal alpha2-adrenergic inhibition of dorsal horn neurones. Neuropharmacology 54:1208-1214. (Cat. #IT-07; Cat. #PR-01)
- Kublaoui BM, Gemelli T, Tolson KP, Wang Y, Zinn AR (2008) Oxytocin deficiency mediates hyperphagic obesity of Sim1 haploinsufficient mice. Mol Endocrinol [Epub May 1]. (Cat. #AB-02)
- Craig LA, Hong NS, Kopp J, McDonald RJ (2008) Emergence of spatial impairment in rats following specific cholinergic depletion of the medial septum combined with chronic stress. Eur J Neurosci 27:2262-2271. (Cat. #IT-01)
- Takakura AC, Moreira TS, Stornetta RL, West GH, Gwilt JM, Guyenet PG (2008) Selective lesion of retrotrapezoid Phox2b-expressing neurons raises the apneic threshold in rats. J Physiol 586:2975-2991. (Cat. #IT-11)
- Laalou FZ, de Vasconcelos AP, Oberling P, Jeltsch H, Cassel JC, Pain L (2008) Involvement of the basal cholinergic forebrain in the mediation of general (propofol) anesthesia. Anesthesiology 108:888-896. (Cat. #IT-01)
- McKay LC, Feldman JL (2008) Unilateral Ablation of preBotzinger Complex Disrupts Breathing During Sleep but not Wakefulness. Am J Respir Crit Care Med [Epub Apr 17]. (Cat. #IT-07; Cat. #PR-01)
- Wiley RG (2008) Substance P receptor-expressing dorsal horn neurons: Lessons from the targeted cytotoxin, substance P-saporin. Pain 136:7-10. (Cat. #IT-07; Cat. #IT-11)
- Joseph EK, Chen X, Bogen O, Levine JD (2008) Oxaliplatin Acts on IB4-Positive Nociceptors to Induce an Oxidative Stress-Dependent Acute Painful Peripheral Neuropathy. J Pain 9:463-472. (Cat. #PR-01; Cat. #IT-10)
- Harati H, Barbelivien A, Cosquer B, Majchrzak M, Cassel JC (2008) Selective cholinergic lesions in the rat nucleus basalis magnocellularis with limited damage in the medial septum specifically alter attention performance in the five-choice serial reaction time task. Neuroscience 153:72-83. (Cat. #IT-01)
Targeting Talk (see text)
- Do targeted toxin-treated cells die by apoptosis?
Targeting Teaser Winners
Important note about shipping and storage temperatures (see text)
Selected References from cover article (continued from page 1 and page 6)
Noradrenergic Innervation of the mPFCd Modulates HPA Responses to Acute Emotional Stress – read article (continued from page 1, references on page 5)
Targeting Tools: Featured Products
- New Sample-Size Antibodies
- Anti-6-His (Cat. #AB-20); Anti-Flag (Cat. #AB-38), Anti-GAPDH (Cat. #AB-39)
- New Products: Cytokines & Growth Factors, Chemokines, Hormones, Enzimes, Protein Kinases, and more!
Additional Product References
Targeting Teaser (Jumble)