Below are links to view the quarterly newsletter Targeting Trends. If you would like to be added to the mailing list, please complete the information on our contact page.
- ATS Hits the Field (page 2)
- Teaser Winners (page 2)
- Anti-DBH-SAP (page 5)
- Anti-6-His and Anti-SAP-HRP (page 7)
Basomedial Hypothalamic Injections of Neuropeptide Y Conjugated to Saporin Selectively Disrupt Hypothalamic Controls of Food Intake – read article
This article is a summary of data presented in the reference below. Figures 1-4 are taken from that article. This work was funded by NS045520 and DK40498 to S. Ritter. Bugarith K, Dinh TT, Li AJ, Speth RC, Ritter S. (2005) Endocrinology 146:1179-1191.
Targeting Teaser Winners
- Society for Neuroscience, Atlanta GA — October 10-14, Booth #1240
- American Society for Cell Biology, San Diego CA — December 10-13, Booth #734
ATS Hits the Field
Recent Scientific References – read online
- We injected anti-DBH-SAP into the hypothalamus of Sprague-Dawley rats and sacrificed them 2 weeks later. We did not see any reduction in the DBH fiber staining. When the drug arrived, we aliquoted it in 1-µl snap-cap tubes on ice, and stored them at -80°C. For injections, a 1-µl aliquot was diluted to alittle over 10 µl so that we had a final concentration of 1 µg/10 µl.We administered two injections of 100 nl on each side (with 10 ng of anti-DBH-SAP) using a 0.5-µl Hamilton syringe attached to a stereotax. The needle was a 33-gauge with a blunt tip. I tried previously to use glass micropipette tips attached to a Hamilton syringe with the line filled with mineral oil, but found that the actual volume displacement was too unreliable.
- Anti-6-His Mouse Monoclonal (Cat. #AB-20) – read article
- HRP-labeled Saporin Goat Polyclonal (Cat. #AB-15hrp) – read article
Targeting Teaser (Jumble)